Sunday, October 18, 2009

NEMM season wrap-up

NEMM round 6 photos









We had the last race of the season today at the Graniteville track. The day started off pretty cold, I think when Bill and I left the house at 9:30 it was still around 30 degrees. I was just hoping to survive the day without any major crashes, I knew the grip would be pretty poor. As it turned out, once we ran a couple practices the temp started coming up and it wasn't too bad.

We had some great heat races for Sport Cup, XR100 Cup and a new class for Seniors (Age 41 and up). I can't remember which heats had some of the best racing since we ran them back to back. There was some great action, especially on the starts heading into turn one and the jump. I think I won the Sport Cup heat, Bill won the Senior heat and the XR100 Cup heat was a crash fest.

The Sport Cup feature went well for me, I got over the jump in first place and held on for the win. I also sewed up 2nd place for the season. Go me. Furthermore, it was decided by Bill that I would retain the MERT, even though I suggested that he'd earned it for his heat race win. He overruled me based on my feature win and overall finishes...



After chasing Bill for the entire heat race in the Senior class, I was looking forward to another battle in the feature. Unfortunately we got an ugly start with wheelies and missed shifts, Johnny Branson took off and we straggled along behind. I think I took 2nd and Bill was either 3rd or 4th.

The XR100 Cup feature also went pretty well for me, I got over the jump in 4th place behind JD, John Donovan and Johnny Branson. They gapped me a little, but I had a good gap behind me as well. Johnny B. took an off course adventure which put me into 3rd and I finished there.

Here's some video from the Premier feature.


A huge thanks to Aaron (and friends) for putting this whole thing together. It was a really fun race series. Can't wait to see what next season brings.

This is Aaron presenting the Premier Class Championship Trophy to Jeremy DeGrasse.



Caferacer.net, NEMM, what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment