Friday, October 29, 2010

Riding at Matt Cyr's place

Here's some helmet-cam video of some of the trail system that we've been enjoying for the past few years.



I rode on Thursday, the weather was turning from partly sunny to overcast and windy during the day. Matt and I finally got going when it was overcast, so the light is kind of poor.

And not to make excuses, but the leaf cover on the trails and the general wet conditions were enough to slow me down, particularly because I haven't been doing enough woods riding to feel proficient.

It's also interesting as I review the video, the terrain doesn't look particularly challenging, the steep sections don't look steep and the logs don't look threatening and the side hill crossings don't look perilous, but you'll have to trust me when I say that all that stuff will bite you if you're not careful.

Anyway, the above video starts from the lumber yard and culminates with a climb up "Randy's Hill", which starts with a few large rocks that guard the base of the hill, followed by a fairly difficult climb through some deep ruts, roots, rocks and trees.

Part Deux
I go till I crash..



Part the 3rd
Continuing on..



Quattro

No comments:

Post a Comment