Monday, February 15, 2010

Lake George Ice Racing weekend

I just got back from the Lake George Winter Carnival, where once again I've blown up the YZ 125. It wasn't a total loss this time since I did manage to get a full day of racing in on Saturday, but the point of the weekend was to have Scott race the bike with me on Sunday, and unfortunately he only got one practice session in before the piston gave in. It's my fault, I was ignoring the clear evidence that the bike was still too lean, mainly because I didn't have any more jets to try, and it turned out that while I got away with it on Saturday, Sunday morning was just cold enough to put it over the edge.
For the racing on Saturday I entered the "Senior B" and 125CC classes. I figured I'd be racing against young kids in the 125 class, and I knew Senior B would be a fast class, but maybe I'd be able to give somebody a good race. Turned out that most of the guys racing 125 were in fact adults, so I was pleased to see that. But I wasn't wrong about the Senior B class, 15 bikes in the field and they pretty much left me from the start. A few of 'em crashed in both the heat and feature, so I didn't finish last, but I was racing by myself.
The 125 class was a little more fun, with 6 bikes on the line. I had a bad start in the heat race, so I was in 4th after the first lap and couldn't catch the leaders. I resolved to be merciless with the clutch in the feature, so I came off the line a little better and held on to 3rd for the duration of the race.

I still need to lower the suspension a bit.


Here's Scott, this was his flattracker, then woods/moto bike, now ice racer.


A smaller turn out for Sunday, but still a good amount of bikes. There were many more quads than in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment