Thursday, February 19, 2015

Throw Back Thursday

I'm going through a box that's been in the closet for years. I sorta knew what was in it, but I'd also sorta forgot what was in it. Well anyway, here are some old racing T's that couldn't be turned into rags just yet...
This is from Pocono, early '80s with Gene Romero as the marquee rider. Don't know who the others were.

Mountain Roadracing Association (sic). I got to flag a couple events for these guys in Pueblo Colorado, while I was attending Denver Institute of Technology, class of '78(?). My roommate was in the Motorcycle Mechanic School there, and his instructor was a racer. In fact the instructor was the one who introduced me to the Yamaha TT500, which is what he raced. Total badass. On the front of the T is Scott Sharp, the previous year's champion, racing an RD350. Also total badass.

1982 Freemansburg Hillclimb
This was probably bought at a fleamarket, 'cause I loved the Bultaco logo. Would love to own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment