Wednesday, April 4, 2012

RFVC

Stands for Radial Four Valve Combustion (Chamber) if the internets can be believed. It's a Honda engine designation. In current hip business trend lingo it would have to be RFVC2 or (RFV-C squared), for the extra C. In any case, it's a "Hemi".
I'm making slow progress on the reassembly of the engine. Hope to make big strides tomorrow because I think it will be too cold to get anybody to play golf with me.

The new Wiseco piston bumps the cubes to 263, with a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio.

The cylinder head is a two piece design, here's the bottom half, with the timing chain adangle.

I realize too late that I should have taken a picture of the hemispherical combustion chamber before I torqued the head down. So you'll have to take my word for it that it is in fact a "Hemi".

No comments:

Post a Comment