Monday, December 13, 2010

Englishtown New Jersey, Raceway Park!



I took these photos sometime in the early '80s. I think this might have been a Spring National event. I'll add some photos later. This was just before the track got a major overhaul to keep it's National status. New grandstands, timing and scoring tower, pit walls, all came shortly after.

This is the staging area before the water box. You can see a blue '55 Chevy sedan just coming off the line with the wheels off the ground. This guy was dialed all weekend!



Pro-Stock multi time champion Bob Glidden, in his hideously ugly/fast Ford Fairmont.



Classic match-up, Camaro vs. 'Cuda



Another hotrod Pinto.
And I just noticed, we have an Elvis sighting!



Here's a B/A "Altered" dragster. I never knew how they stuctured these classes. Blown/Alcohol maybe?



Love the Opel GT...

No comments:

Post a Comment