Monday, May 14, 2012

"Scooter"

Aka Heinemann's Hotrod, the McDonnell Douglas A4.

Hannah and I headed south for a Sunday ride through Bristol on our way to Middlebury for lunch. As we were riding north on Rt. 7 past a Chevy dealership, I spied this A4 in the back of their lot. We had to do a quick u-turn to check this thing out.

It turns out it's not in the dealership lot, it's a gate guard for the local VFW next door. When I saw it from the road I couldn't identify it right away, the large canopy through me off, as well as the lack of a radar hump behind the canopy. This is a trainer, and I don't think I've seen one before, I've only seen the Blue Angels A4's and a few active duty later model A4's with the hump.




Go here for more info on the A4;

http://a4skyhawk.org/2b/heinemann.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment